Friday, June 26, 2015

Mini Albums...

I just LOVE them!

Close to My Heart have a whole range of mini albums, and I have loved exploring them all, but from time to time I really enjoy creating my own from scratch too. (Currently I'm working on a very cool little folio book using Wanderful papers... but I'm not yet ready to show you that!)


This little book is purely a Cricut project. It was inspired by a post on the Close to My Heart blog last month for the Taste of Summer Constant Campaign, and I've also used it as the framework for an Ice Cream Dream mini album too. I can see these little books looking absolutely gorgeous filled with summer photos.



 
In order to create this project for yourself, you will need the Artbooking cartridge and the Cricut. Cut as many pages as you like (I recommend 8-12) at a size of 5.5". The colours I chose for the Ice Cream Dream project are White Daisy, Pear, Sorbet and Lagoon.
The colours I chose for the Taste of Summer project are White Daisy, Thistle, Pear and Canary.
 
For both projects, I kept the decoration of each page relatively simple. I cut and corner rounded many little pieces of cardstock sized at 3x4". This was often the left over scraps from the Cricut pieces - so this project actually left me with very little waste. :-)
 I also created stamped embellishments for both projects. For the Ice Cream Dream mini album I stamped in Archival Black on White Daisy, coloured in with Shin Han markers, and fussy cut.
For the Taste of Summer album I stamped the images from the co-ordinating stamp set and fussy cut them out. If you're going for speed, the Taste of Summer was quicker - colouring takes me ages!!

 Finishing off both books, I used some of Close to My Heart's extra-thick twine - either Thistle or Glacier. And of course a few little snazzy embellishments like the purple glitter gems just add that extra sparkle.

Would you be interested in coming to a class and making these wee books? I'm running a kids (of all ages!!) holiday class on July 8, 10am. Cost is $15 and I will supply all materials and tools except for adhesive - please bring your own tape runner, or let me know and I can sell you one. Make sure you register your interest so that I can provide enough materials for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment