Friday, February 13, 2015

February Workshop: Seaside

I had a lot of fun designing this layout. The stamps from the Workshop on the Go kit provided some gorgeous titles and ready-made accents.
Co-ordinating with the Seaside colours, I used Desert Sand, Bamboo and Sorbet inks, along with Colonnial White cardstock.
Eight ladies came along to class on Friday night. I taught them this nifty trick for creating a layered-looking background but only using one sheet of cardstock:
Mask the outside border of the pale-coloured cardstock with painters' tape. Use the spritz pens to spray the sheet with a mixture of re-inker and isopropyl alcohol. Carefully peel back the tape and you will have a masked border.
I used a fair amount of bamboo ink in my spritz pen, but if I had desert sand I would have used this, as it's darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment