Monday, September 1, 2014

September's Stamp of the Month

Welcome to the Australasian Blog Hop for September's Stamp of the Month - your one-stop shop for inspiration! If you have arrived here from Lauren's Blog, you are in the right place.

September's Stamp of the Month is a delightful set of seven called "Family is Forever". The heart corresponds with a cut on the Artiste Cartridge, but this can just as easily be fussy cut. I can see many uses for this stamp set - from gifts to décor and scrapbook pages to cards. I am looking forward to seeing what my CTMH sisters come up with this month.
This stamp set is worth $33, and can only be purchased in September. However, when you place an order of $75 or more with me this month you will be able to add the SOTM to your order for only $5.
I have been playing with this easel drawer box design for a while, and have chosen the paper from the Wanderful range to go with it. What a versatile paper packet! The colours in my project are Crystal Blue, Bamboo, Kraft and Colonial White. I used a charm from the Storyteller charm set and a piece of Baker's Twine to finish it off.


The box unopened.

The easel sitting up. It is anchored by a heart stamped from the SOTM set raised up on foam squares.

The drawer pulled out. You can put anything you like in it - sweet treats would be especially appropriate to go with the sentiment! I put some Twinings fruit tea bags and Avon Lip Balm.

 
Cutting guide below:
You need three pieces of cardstock.
1. 4" x 12" (this is the easel)
2. 4" x 11.5" (this is the sleeve)
3. 6x6" (this is the drawer)
I scored, folded and daubed each edge before adhering with strong glue. I used Liquid Glass for a lot of this project so that I could be sure of it staying together.
 
 
Please leave a comment before visiting your next blog, which is Vandra's CTMH Virtual Craftroom.
Stop by again soon!

9 comments: