Sunday, August 3, 2014

Snowhaven Mini Album



This is my third entry for the Annual Inspirations Blog Hop... for my Confetti Wishes ideas, click here.

Mini Albums... I love these wee books! I have now made three since discovering them a month or so ago.
This is my first project to play with the Snowhaven Paper Packet. Its colours are Black, Cranberry and the brand new Glacier - very appropriate! It's a lovely paper packet with a very wintry feel, but I know I will use it for all sorts of purposes, not just for winter activities. This project is for friends who recently celebrated their tenth anniversary together. (Gosh I hope they don't spy it... they haven't been given it yet!)
The chipboard pages (Z1791) are on page 178 of our new Inspirations Catalogue and cost $8 NZ.
To create this project, I cut out 18 co-ordinating shapes on the Artiste cartridge in a mixture of both Snowhaven B&T paper and cardstock. After a lot of daubing, I used Liquid Glass to stick paper to chipboard, then inserted book rings through the holes.
The pages are cut at 3.75", and a 3" square photo fits really beautifully on each page. I have mine printed "2up" at Harvey Norman, and the photos end up being 3x4", so I only have to trim one inch from each print.
To finish off the cover, I added a bowed piece of Ruby Chevron ribbon, sadly now retired.
The lettering I used for my titles is from the July Stamp of the Month - Circus Alphabet - which was extremely popular with my ladies!
Snowhaven Paper Packet (X7188B) $18 NZ and Album Pages (Z1791) $8 NZ.
If you are in New Zealand, you can contact me for how to purchase these items.
 
 


2 comments: